Home Home :: Sustainable/Renewable :: Fallen Tropical Wood

Fallen Tropical Wood

The coasters and trivets are 80% from wood that has fallen naturally in the jungle or rainforest, and the other 20% from leftover scraps from local furniture makers. They are made of rare and precious wood without exploiting the local forests. The artisans believe that the harvesting of wood from trees in the mountains can be ecologically harmful and have undertaken their own forest conservation projects. Remarkably, there are 40 different types of tropical wood specific to the region, and collected from the underbrush. No dyes or tints have been added to enhance their rich colors. Each segment is lathe-finished, then polished, and worked into a mosaic of woods. Each trivet and coaster is a work of art.

Products

Sort by: Product Price Default
FALLEN TROPICAL WOOD COASTERS
 
FALLEN TROPICAL WOOD TRIVET
FALLEN TROPICAL WOOD COASTERS
 
FALLEN TROPICAL WOOD TRIVET
$36.00
 
$34.00
 
Qty
 
Qty